UCSB MODEL UNITED NATIONS (UCSBMUN)
- UCSB Model United Nations is a student-run organization established in 2007 that encourages international awareness and develops communication and negotiation skills through the simulation of the United Nations and its subsidiary bodies.
- UCSBMUN advocates for the United Nations and its principles, through the involvement with organizations engaged with global affairs including the Santa Barbara Chapter of the United Nations Association (UNA-SB).
- Weekly general meetings occur every Monday in the Flying “A” Room of the UCSB University Center (UCen) at 7:00pm and are open to all students interested in the UN and global affairs.
- UCSBMUN was awarded the distinction of Outstanding Delegation (2014-2016) and Distinguished Delegation (2017-Present) at Nationals Model United Nations (NMUN) in New York City.
- UCSBMUN hosts and organizes two major conferences: the Santa Barbara Intercollegiate MUN Conference (SBIMUN) for college students, and the Gaucho High School MUN Conference (GauchoMUN) for high school students across the country.
- Conferences have engaged more than 500 delegates to actively debate on global issues including water scarcity, human rights, and more to find solutions for the future meanwhile making lifetime friendships and networks.
- Members can compete with students from other colleges and universities at a number domestic conferences across California including AggieMUN at UC Davis, LAMUN hosted by UC Los Angeles and NMUN in New York.
- Numerous UCSBMUN alumni have found careers in journalism, international relations, politics, business, economics, and various other fields.
- Contact Katia Stern, President and Secretary-General of UCSB Model United Nations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.